Design Living Tendency, the long awaited event of autumn furniture and interior season, starts on October 16, 2019. The work is in full swing in the halls of the International Exhibition Centre and we are at long last ready to announce the final participants’ list of the Theatre of Design. Intrigue was kept until the last moment and that was encouraged by the topic of the installation itself (“Way of Ideas”). This year not only ready-made products but also intermediate variants, sketches and drafts that preceded them will be demonstrated at the installation. Let us remind you that Kyiv International Contract Fair and Prima Interior magazine, represented by Iryna Pryma, the editor-in-chief, are the organizers of the Theatre of Design. This year the creative concept of the platform has been developed by designers Fedir Vozianov and Anna Manako. Construction partners of the Theatre of Design are Kassone furniture studio and Re: Quiet company.
So, this year the participants of the Theatre of Design are as follows:
- Kassone furniture studio, the studio that has worked in classical style for many years and thanks to flexibility of thinking and being open to creativity, it can change today usual objects beyond recognition and transform standard furniture into a feather of its owner’s cap by means of unique design ideas.
- Mykhailo Samoriz, designer from Ivano-Frankivsk, creative director of Michael Samoriz design studio. The main spheres of his interests are industrial and interior design.
- Diana Kulyk, ceramic artist who unlocks the potential of Ukrainian culture in her works (she was born in Poltava region) combining ancient ethnic traditions with modern culture context.
- Ivanka Borodina, designer and architect whose professional interests are not restricted to the sphere of interior design as well as architecture and include graphic design, design of textiles, prints and murals. Ivanna studies and actively uses the phenomena of colours, light and optical illusions.
- Davyd Berezhniak, furniture expert, master of wooden art objects production as well as artistic and decorative processing of wood and metal who combines a traditional approach to creation of aesthetics with thoroughly thought over functional perfection of details which appear in his modular collections. He represents Miracle2people design studio.
- Viktoriia Volosevych, architect and designer by training, decorator by vocation, Kyivan, is in her own opinion very good at creation of unique decor and adornments.
- Inna Zimina, being an architect she has been interested in tendencies and technologies of object design for a long time, working on private interiors and using the best items of Italian furniture and lighting appliances. Inna is convinced that Ukrainian designers will manage to win over even negative economic situation by means of creation of high quality design at an affordable price.
- Denys Sokolov, designer of the creative group of SVOYA Studio. He and his colleagues realize nonstandard interiors either for private or for public objects.
- Nataliia Filonenko, head and founder of Nataliya Filonenko architecture and design studio. She believes that design can organize and transform not only space but also mood of people who stay there. Game, informality and creativity make her motto in life and work.
- Anna Manako and Fedir Vozianov, One Pattern project. Ukrainian designers Anna Manako and Fedir Vozianov decided to experiment on the boderline of two industries and show how the same form can be the basis for garment silhouette and furniture construction at the same time. However, the simplest shapes, such as: a circle, an oval and a rectangle, were chosen as a base. One pattern is a story about self-sufficiency of simple forms, meeting of fashion and object design as well as individuality and aesthetics of minimalism.
- Valerii Kuznietsov, specializes in object and interior design. Member of Designers Union of Ukraine and Union of Designers International Association. Regular participant and laureate of design contests and exhibitions in Ukraine and abroad, founder of dekorkuznetsov studio.
It should be noted that recently a lot of the above mentioned designers have showed themselves in the best light at French Maison Objet and Paris Design Week, taking part in Ukrainian Design Brands exposition, and has been working closely with Ukrainian manufacturers for more than one year.
We are looking forward to meeting you at the Theatre of Design where everyone searching for inspiration and creativity will receive a unique chance to sneak in the mysterious sphere of birth and crystallization of ideas, the sanctuary of successful Ukrainian designers and architects. Do not miss an opportunity to attend a great number of interesting events including not only presentations and stories about products but also lectures and workshops!